Protecting Your Privacy Our Promises
This notice was last updated on 16/05/2018
At Hardcloud Ltd (trading as Boardshop.co.uk), we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and all site visitors (all of you). Boardshop staff, friends and family are all customers of Boardshop, and shop online regularly. We totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or phone number. That is our promise to you.
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Hardcloud Ltd.
Navigating This Page
- Explaining the legal basis we rely on
- When do we collect your personal data?
- What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Information of children?
- How and why do we use your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- How to stop marketing messages from Boardshop.co.uk
- Seeing adverts for Boardshop.co.uk online
- How we protect your personal data
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights over your personal data?
- Changes to how we protect your privacy
- Any questions?
Explaining the legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We collect and process your data to pursue our legitimate interests, in ways they would reasonably expect as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
If you have placed an order with Boardshop.co.uk, or registered to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our weekly e-mail newsletter, our weekly surfboard trade in newsletter, and any special offers from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on email@example.com
We may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
If you have had problems placing your order and abandoned your shopping basket, we may e-mail you to offer assistance in completing your order.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example if you enter a competition we are running on our site or a partners site, and tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you place an order for a surfboard for next day delivery to your home. We’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Hardcloud Ltd to law enforcement.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services
- When you apply to make a purchase on finance
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data - you may still opt in to receive our newsletter).
- When you create an account with Boardshop.
- When you purchase by phone or at our office but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you purchase by phone or at our office and have an existing account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter our competitions.
- When you fill out any forms on Boardshop.co.uk
- When you book any kind of appointment with us to visit our showroom.
- When you choose to respond any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have a web account with us (or place an order as a guest): your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- If you apply to make a purchase on finance (in addition to the details above. We will require 3 years of address history, date of birth, marital status, residential status, employer details, salary details, bank account and sort code.
We do not store these details once we have completed your credit application online.
- Details of your interactions with us online, via e-mail, or over the phone.
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, voucher redemptions, brands you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your identity. This may include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality. Or a copy, screen shot of your bank statement in terms of fraud checking.
We do not store documents used to prove your identity on or offline. If we ask you to prove your identify for fraud prevention purposes, we will delete any documents provided before your order is dispatched.
- Details of your shopping preferences.
- Personal details which help us to tailor your shopping experience
For example, you might tell us your preferred surfboard volume, which we’ll use to guide your suggested items.
We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
- Payment card information.
We do not store full card details either online or offline. At no time during the boardshop checkout does anyone have access to your card details - All card processing is handled by Sage Pay.
To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
Information of children
Hardcloud Ltd (trading as Boardshop.co.uk) does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of sixteen. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen. If, following a notification from a parent, guardian or discovery by other means, a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child's account and delete the child's personal information from our records.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your information in a number of different ways - what we do depends on the information. The following lists a full breakdown.
Your name and contact details
How we use your name & contact details
- Deliver your purchases to you. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send your order if we don’t use your name and contact details!)
- Send you service messages by text, e-mail or, such as order updates. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming)
- Sending you information by email, about our new products and services, or sending our weekly trade in surfboard newsletter (best e-mail of the week we are told). You can unsubscribe at anytime.
- Sending you unfinished order e-mails to determine if we can help with an unfinished shopping basket.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Hardcloud Ltd, unfortunate, but absolutely essential
- Showing you a few Boardshop.co.uk adverts as your browse the web, So you can see our latest products and deals
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like. To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay as the worlds bet online surf shop.
Your payment information
This means your card’s number, security/CVV code, don’t worry, we don’t keep them.
How we use your payment information
- Take payment, and give refunds. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, we’re not giving everything away.
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Hardcloud Ltd, unfortunate, but absolutely essential
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us, for example, over e-mail, the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history
- Provide customer service and support. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items
- Sell you things. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you - if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it!
- Provide customer service and support, and handle returns. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like. To ensure we are giving you what you want, basically to stay as the worlds bet online surf shop.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website.
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency). To give you the best possible shopping experience
- Protect our website. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Hardcloud Ltd, unfortunate, but absolutely essential and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
- Run the survey, competition or promotion. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win - you really want to miss out on a free surfboard!
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, data analysis, improving our site. Samples of this aggregate data may also be shared with third parties.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud, and provide order on finance options.
How to stop marketing messages from Boardshop.co.uk
If you have placed an order with Boardshop.co.uk, or opted in to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you our weekly e-mail newsletter, our weekly surfboard trade in newsletter, and any special offers from time to time.
You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters, or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates, abandoned basket / failed order e-mails).
Seeing adverts for Boardshop.co.uk online
We are not a massive online company, with huge marketing budgets. But we do engage in limited online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Boardshop.co.uk banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Boardshop (for example, your search history, products you have viewed).
You can opt out of these at anytime by clicking the tool option on the banners or adverts.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
How long will we keep your personal data?
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this polcy really!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Boardshop, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Boardshop.co.uk
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Boardshop, M3 Hilton Park, East Wittering, UK, PO20 8RL