This notice was last updated on 16/05/2018
A cookie is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Hardcloud Ltd uses both types of cookies. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted. We use the following types of cookies on our website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to help optimise our website and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing and personalise your experience. We may store your geographic location in a cookie for instance, to ensure that we show you the website relevant to your area.
- Third Party cookies. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than Hardcloud Ltd. These cookies may be used on our website to improve our products or services or to help us provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subject to the respective privacy policies for these external services, for example, Facebook Data Use Policy
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies, like those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most useful, and how they arrived at Hardcloud Ltd.com. To learn more about Google Analytics and your data, visit this Google webpage
The table below lists the exact cookies we use and why.
|Magento||FRONTEND, FRONTEND_CID, USER_ALLOWED_SAVE_COOKIE, EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE, PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART, STF, GUEST-VIEW||These cookies are essential for our websites to operate, we them to identify you as a user between page loads. This allows us to remember certain settings, for example, the part of our website you were using before you were asked to sign in or register.|
|Google Analytics||_UTMA, _UTMB, _UTMC, _UTMZ, _GA, _GAT, _GID||These cookies are used to collect anonymised information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports which help us improve our websites. The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors, how they arrived there and the pages they visited. Read Google's overview of Cookies|
|Google Adwords||*||A number of cookies are used by Google AdWords to target and re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor's online behaviour across websites. Registers anonymised user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites, and what ads the user has clicked, with the purpose of optimising ad display based on the user's movements. Further information on types of cookies used by Google|
|wurfl.io||_wiou, _wios||We use wurfl.io to detect what type of device you are using.|
|YouTube||*||We embed videos from YouTube with privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player. These cookies might be used by YouTube to show you targeted ads based on your browsing activity. Read more on YouTube cookies|
|Hotjar||*||Hotjar is an analytics tool that we use to understand how our website is used. Hotjar sets cookies to help us to track visitor behaviour across pages. The cookies carry no personally identifiable information. Visit the Hotjar Cookie information page|
|*||Internet based advertising. This cookie executes, delivers and tracks the performance of brand media (display and video) campaigns. Further information on Facebook data collection|
How do I change my cookie settings?
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing you won't be able to add products to your basket and buy them. Pointless really, why would you want to look at all these great boards and never buy one?
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are planning to enhance our cookie tool to allow users to more easily change their cookie settings after their initial choice.